Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"...a time to laugh?" Eccl 3:4

a time to mourn.

I believe that maybe this is what Jesus had in mind when He says, "Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted" Mt. 5:4. Mourn over what exactly? Debatable but one thing i do know is that it grieves my heart to turn on the news. Its like watching a police blotter. The Va Tech shootings, bombings, kidnapping, etc etc etc etc etc. I'm just simply sick of it. Sick of it because its become the norm. I've noticed that i'm not as shocked anymore and i dont like that. i want my heart to stay soft but it seems i'm starting to getting used to it and less and less surprised. I still get the postcards in the mail with the missing children and i look at them briefly, say a prayer and then ..then i throw it in the trash. No lie, i could easily wallpaper my garage with all the postcards i get about the missing people...maybe i should.

Jesus promised us that in His Kingdom we'll be comforted. Why? Because in His Kingdom sin will cease. There will be no more bombings, shooting sprees, AIDS, etc. He'll also, I beleive, return as more of a Joshua figure. He will reclaim that which is Rightfully His - planet earth. And I believe a lot of people are going to be wondering ..."why is Jesus so mad?" (cf. Rev 5-18). He'll return as King of Kings this time...not a baby in a manger. And...those who mourn over injustice will be comforted.

5 Comments:

Blogger nb said...

amen brother..
amen
nb

7:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too! I cant stand the fact that I'm becoming used to this crap.

8:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome perspective B.

9:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bobby...no matter what you say, youre not going under the radar this year. lol.

8:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband's cousin is a VATech Engineering prof so I was at least able to get some names to pray for.Mark & Charoltte live 2 miles from campus and they have 4 elementary school kids. He was on the 3rd floor when another prof said, what's the noise, and went down to check...shot dead....Mark & Charlotte are strong Christians and want us to pray that their light for Christ will shine brightly. Pray for Alec, the last unhurt out the window and the next out...Jamal, shot in the back several times. Thanks! That puts a face on it for you...

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home